Area V – Physics Education
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR PHYSICS EDUCATION MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (20 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply to the degree in Physics Education.
Common AGSC Requirements
Students who plan to transfer into Physics Education should take into consideration the following requirements as they plan their course selections. It is required that students select:
Area II – Choose another course from this area except Religion or Foreign Language Courses
Area III – MATH 125 Calculus I
Area III – CHM 111 College Chemistry I and CHM 112 College Chemistry II
Area IV – HIS 101 Western Civilization I and HIS 102 Western Civilization II OR HIS 121 World History I and HIS 122 World History II
Area V – PHY 213 General Physics w/ Cal I, PHY 214 General Physics w/ Cal II, and PHY 218 General Physics w/Cal III
AU Specific Requirements for Area V
No more than 20 hours may transfer in Area V for this 126 degree hour program. A total of 12 hours were specified in Area V by the AGSC as required for this major. The remaining 8 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major, as noted below.
- MTH 126 Calculus II (4 SH)
- MTH 227 Calculus III (4 SH)
Restrictions on Elective Transfer Hours
- Electives, if any, should be selected from the disciplines covered in Areas I – IV, being cognizant of restrictions specified in this document.
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer.
- A maximum of four semester hours in physical education may transfer.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of MATH 110 or MATH 112.
- Only courses taught at the freshman and sophomore level at Auburn University may be elected. Courses approved in Area V in other majors may be consulted. Students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under Area V (contact email@example.com).
Additional Requirements for Teacher Education Programs
Transfer students are admitted into a pre-teacher education program. Criteria for admission to teacher education are available on the College of Education website (www.education.auburn.edu).
Students are required to complete the following requirements for admission to Teacher education prior to transferring to Auburn University:
- Five Day Pre-teaching Experience
- Basic Skills Assessments
- ABI/FBI Background Clearance Check
Please print and sign this document and attach it to the Physics Education Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Physics Education at Auburn. This document must be given to your Auburn University major advisor upon transfer.
Last modified: July 17, 2017