Area V – Nursing
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR COURSES FOR NURSING MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (21 Semester Hours)
The guidelines and restrictions apply to the degree in Nursing.
No more than 21 hours may transfer in Area V for this degree program. A total of 12 hours were specified by the AGSC as required for this major. The remaining 9 hours should be used to insure completion of degree requirements (see below).
- It is highly recommended that students who plan to transfer to Auburn select MTH 112. (3 SH)
- It is highly recommended that students take PHL 206 Ethics and Society or IDS 102 Ethics(3 SH) in Area ll.
- It is highly recommended that students take CHM 111 College Chem, I in Area III.
- Students must take a three hour course in statistics. MTH 265 Elementary Statistics highly recommended.
- Students must take HEC 140 Basic Nutrition and PSY 210 Human Growth and Development.
- Student must take BIO201 Human Anatomy and Physiology I and lab and BIO202 Human Anatomy and Physiology II and lab.
- Student must take BIO220 General Microbiology and lab.
Completion of the pre-professional program in Nursing Science is required of students seeking admission to the professional program. Admission to the professional program is open annually in the fall semester. Pre-nursing students must formally apply by February 1 for fall admission and May 1 for spring admission to the School of Nursing. Applicants are notified by April 1 and July 1 of acceptance or non- acceptance. Transfer students are strongly encouraged to contact the senior academic advisor (334-844-5665) for advisement.
Please print this document and attach it to the Nursing AGSC Transfer Guide. Together,this document and the AGSC Transfer Guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Nursing Science at Auburn.
Last modified: July 17, 2017