Area V – Laboratory Technology
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR MAJORS IN LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (120 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply to the degree in Laboratory Technology.
- No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for this 120-degree hour program. A total of 9 hours were specified in Area V by the AGSC as required for this major. The remaining 10 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major and the balance may be taken as elective course work.
- It is highly recommend that students take:
- PHL 106 or PHIL 206 or IDS 102 in area II
- At least one of these classes in area IV: ANT 200 or ANT 220 or GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or PSY 200 or SOC 200
- At least one of these classes in area IV:HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or ECO 231 or ECO 232 or POL 200 or POL 211
- Courses recommended in Areas I – IV but not taken should be completed under Area V:
- Students should take PHL 106 or PHL 206 or IDS 102, if not already taken in area II.
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: ANT 200 or ANT 220 or GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or PSY 200 or SOC 200
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or ECO 231 or ECO 232 or POL 200 or POL 211[gap height=”10″]
- Students must take:
- BIO 103 – Principles of Biology (4 SH)
- BIO 201 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 SH)
- Electives, if any, should be selected from the disciplines covered in Areas I – IV, being cognizant of restrictions specified in this document.
- Restrictions on elective transfer hours:
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer
- A maximum of one computer course may transfer: CIS 146 is strongly recommended.
- A maximum of four semester hours in physical education may transfer.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of MATH 110 or MATH 112.
- Only courses taught at the freshman and sophomore level at Auburn University may be elected. Courses approved in Area V in other majors may be consulted. Students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under Area V (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please print this document and keep it with the Laboratory Technology AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC transfer guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Laboratory Technology at Auburn.
Last modified: July 24, 2017