Area V – Interior Design
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR INTERIOR DESIGN MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (20 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply to the degree in Interior Design.
- No more than 21 hours may transfer in Area V for this 124-degree hour program. A total of 21 hours were specified in Area V by the AGSC as required for this major. The remaining 21 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major and the balance may be taken as elective course work.
- It is highly recommend that students take:
- PHL 106 or PHIL 206 or IDS 102 in area II
- At least one of these classes in area IV: ANT 200 or ANT 220 or GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or PSY 200 or SOC 200
- At least one of these classes in area IV: HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or ECO 231 or ECO 232 or POL 200 or POL 211
- Courses recommended in Areas I – IV but not taken should be completed under Area V:
- Students should take PHL 106 or PHL 206 or IDS 102, if not already taken in area II.
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: ANT 200 or ANT 220 or GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or PSY 200 or SOC 200
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or ECO 231 or ECO 232 or POL 200 or POL 211
- Remaining hours may be selected from this list:
- Students may take:
- BUS 241 Introduction to Accounting (3 SH)
- HEC 140 Principles of Nutrition (3 SH)
- CIS 146 Computer (3 SH)
- May select 10 hours from the following:
- ART 203 Art History I (3 SH)
- ART 204 Art History II (3 SH)
- BUS 242 Principles of Accounting II (3 SH)
- BUS 271 Business Statistics (3 SH)
- BUS 263 Legal and Social Environment of Business (3 SH)
- ECO 231 Macroeconomics (3 SH)
- SPH 106 or 107
- Foreign Language
- Students may take:
- Electives, if any, should be selected from the disciplines covered in Areas I – IV, being cognizant of restrictions specified in this document.
- Restrictions on elective transfer hours:
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer
- A maximum of one computer course may transfer: CIS 146 is strongly recommended.
- A maximum of four semester hours in physical education may transfer.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of MATH 110 or MATH 112.
- Only courses taught at the freshman and sophomore level at Auburn University may be elected. Courses approved in Area V in other majors may be consulted. Students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under Area V (contact firstname.lastname@example.org (if last name is A-J) and email@example.com (if last name is K-Z).
*Students will enter as INDX-Pre Interior Design. Students apply to the program after the two first year Studios CADS 1000 & CADS 1100.
Please print this document and attach it to the Interior Design Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Interior Design at Auburn.
Last modified: July 17, 2017