Area V – Global Studies in Human Sciences
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR GLOBAL STUDIES IN HUMAN SCIENCES MAJOR AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (19 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply to the degree in Global Studies in Human Sciences
- No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for this 120-degree hour program. A total of 19 hours were specified in Area V by the AGSC as required for this major. The remaining 21 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major and the balance may be taken as elective course work.
- It is highly recommend that students take:
- At least one of these classes in area IV: GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122
- At least one of these classes in area IV: HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or ECO 232
- Courses recommended in Areas I – IV but not taken should be completed under Area V
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or ECO 232
- Remaining hours may be selected from this list:
- SPH 106 or SPH 107 (3 SH)
- Foreign language sequence (8 SH)
- BUS 241 Principles of Accounting (3 SH)
- HEC 241 Principles of Nutrition (3 SH)
- Electives, if any, should be selected from the disciplines covered in Areas I – IV, being cognizant of restrictions specified in this document.
- Restrictions on elective transfer hours:
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer
- A maximum of one computer course may transfer: CIS 146 is strongly recommended.
- A maximum of four semester hours in physical education may transfer.[gap height=”10″]
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state’s approved core level of MATH 110 or MATH 112.
NOTE: Internship must have global/international focus.
- Students will be required to complete at least one credit bearing study abroad experience.
- Only courses taught at the freshman and sophomore level at Auburn University may be elected. Courses approved in Area V in other majors may be consulted. Students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under Area V (contact firstname.lastname@example.org (if last name is A-J) and email@example.com (if last name is K-Z).
Please print this document and attach it to the Global Studies in Human Sciences AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC Transfer Guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Apparel Merchandising, Design, and Production at Auburn.
Last modified: July 17, 2017