Area V – Geospatial and Environmental Informatics
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR GSEI MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (17 or 18 Semester Hours)
Students transferring to Auburn University seeking a degree in Geospatial and Environmental informatics are allowed to transfer up to 17 or 18 hours from Area V for this 120-hour program.
Students transferring more than 30 hours from all areas (I-V) should contact the Student Services Office in the School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences before completing the 30 hours to make sure they meet the course requirements for an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.
Recommendations for Area V:
- Students should take Oral Communication SPH 106 or Speech – SPH 107 in addition to the Area II requirements.
- Students should take Statistics – MTH 265 is only course accepted. If it is not offered at your community college, you may complete it at Auburn.
- Students should take two Geography courses GEO100 and GEO 101. These will also count for Social Sciences credit- AREA IV.
- Students should take ECON 232 – Micro Economics. This will also count in Area IV.
- Students should take MTH 125 to fulfill Math requirement –AREA III.
- Students should take CIS 251 – “C” Programming
- Students who do not transfer the required Math course – MTH 125, are strongly encouraged to have completed all pre-calculus courses – MTH 100, MTH 112 and MTH 113 prior to transferring.
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer.
- Other courses offered at your community college, including courses listed in Area V for other majors, may be accepted. However, students must obtain pre-approval of any additional courses by contacting Dr. Jodie Kenney, Director of Student Services – School of Forestry and Wildlife Sciences at email@example.com. Community college courses that are equivalent to upper level courses at Auburn University (3000 level and above) are generally not accepted for transfer credit.
Please print this document and attach it to the GSEI AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC transfer guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in GSEI at Auburn.
Name: ____________________________ Date: _________________
Last modified: July 17, 2017