Area V – Building Science
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR A MAJOR IN BUILDING SCIENCE (19-23 Semester Hours)
- It is strongly recommended that transferring students complete a sequence in Literature (6SH) in Area II.
- It is strongly recommended that transferring students select either PHL 106 Introduction to Philosophy (3 SH), PHL 206 Ethics and Society (3 SH),or IDS 102 Ethics (3 SH) in Area II.
- It is strongly recommended that transferring students complete a sequence in History (6SH) in Area IV.
- It is strongly recommended that transferring students take ECO 232 Principles of Microeconomics (3 SH) in Area IV.
Limitations of Electives:
- Transferring students should take only one speech course: SPH 106 Fundamentals for Oral Communication (3 SH) or SPH 107 Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3 SH).
Because of the sequential nature of the requirements in the professional program, it is strongly recommended that students who plan to transfer into Building Science take no more than one academic year at another institution. Although their credits will transfer, students may be delayed one year in the completion of their coursework in Building Science.
Transferring students are strongly encouraged to contact the Student Services Office in the College of Architecture, Design and Construction to clarify questions about academic requirements and policies. (334) 844-5350.
Please print this document and attach it to the Building Science AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC Transfer Guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Accountancy at Auburn.
Last modified: July 14, 2017