Area V – Biomedical Sciences
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND ELECTIVE COURSES FOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (120 Semester Hours)
No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for this 120 degree hour program. A total of 8 hours were specified in the Biology Area V by the AGSC as required for this major. The remaining 11 or 12 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major and the balance may be taken as elective course work.
- It is highly recommend that students take:
- PHIL106 or PHIL 206 or IDS 102 in area II
- SPH 106 or 107 in area IV:
- PSY200 and SOC200 in area IV
- A HIST sequence is recommended at least one course if not already taken in area IV: ANT 200 or ANT 220 or GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or PSY 200 or SOC 200 or ECO 231 or ECO 232 or POL 200 or POL 211
- Students should take at least one course from the following list if not already taken in area IV: ANT 200 or ANT 220 or GEO 100 or GEO 201 or HIS 101 or HIS 102 or HIS 121 or HIS 122 or PSY 200 or SOC 200 or ECO 231 or ECO 232 or POL 200 or POL 211
- Remaining hours may be selected from this list:
- MTH 125 Calculus I (4 SH) CHM 221 Organic Chem I (4 SH) CHM 222 Organic Chem II (4 SH)
- Electives, if any, should be selected from the disciplines covered in Areas I – IV, being cognizant of restrictions specified in this document.
- Restrictions on elective transfer hours:
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer
- A maximum of one computer course may transfer: CIS 146 is strongly recommended.
- A maximum of four semester hours in physical education may transfer.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of MATH 110 or MATH 112.
- Only courses taught at the freshman and sophomore level at Auburn University may be elected. Courses approved in Area V in other majors may be consulted. Students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under Area V (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please print this document and attach it to the Biomedical Sciences Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Biomedical Sciences at Auburn.
Last modified: July 14, 2017