Area V – Animal Science
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR COURSES FOR ANIMAL SCIENCE MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (19 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply:
No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for this degree program. The remaining 7 hours may be taken from the courses listed taking into account the indicated restrictions. Only courses for which the equivalents are taught at the freshman and sophomore levels at Auburn University may be elected. For courses coded as C in Section I of The Alabama College System: Course Directory, students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under area V.
All Animal Sciences track take:
- CHM 111 – College Chemistry I (4 sem. hrs)
- CHM 112 – College Chemistry II (4 sem. hrs)
- BIO 201 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO 202 – Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- CHM 221 – Organic Chemistry I (4 sem. hrs)
Pre-Vet/Pre-professional track students also take:
- CHM 222 – Organic Chemistry II (4 sem. hrs.)
- PHY 201 – Physics I (4 sem. hrs)
Recommendations for all tracks:
- It is highly recommended that students take IDS 102, PHL 106 Introduction to Philosophy, or PHL 206 Ethics and Society (3 hrs.) in area II.
- It is highly recommended that students who plan to transfer to Auburn select SPH 106 or SPH 107 in area II.
Restrictions on elective transfer hours:
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses from Section II, III, and IV of The Alabama College System: Course Directory will not transfer.
- A maximum of four sem. hrs. in physical education may transfer.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of Math 112.
Please print this document and attach it to the Animal Sciences AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC Transfer Guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Animal Sciences at Auburn.
Last modified: July 14, 2017