Area V – Agronomy and Soils
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR COURSES FOR AGRONOMY AND SOILS MAJORS AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY (19 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply:
No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for this degree program. The remaining 7 hours may be taken from the courses listed taking into account the indicated restrictions. Only courses for which the equivalents are taught at the freshman and sophomore levels at Auburn University may be elected. For courses coded as C in Section I of The Alabama College System: Course Directory, students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under area V.
- CHM 221 (4 sem. hrs)
- Students in the Science Track should take PHY 201 (4 sem. hrs)
- It is highly recommended that students take IDS 102, PHL 106 Introduction to Philosophy, or PHL 206 Ethics and Society (3 hrs.) in area II
- It is highly recommended that students who plan to transfer to Auburn select SPA 101 or SPA 102 [ if they have advance placement for SPA 101] in area II.
Restrictions on elective transfer hours:
- Developmental, remedial, or technical courses from Section II, III, and IV of The Alabama College System: Course Directory will not transfer.
- A maximum of one computer course may transfer.
- A maximum of four sem. hrs. in physical education may transfer.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of Math 110 or Math 112.
Please print this document and attach it to the Agronomy and Soils AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC Transfer Guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Agronomy and Soils at Auburn.
Last modified: July 14, 2017